Monday, June 23, 2008

Thanks, Meatless Monday!


Just a shout out to Meatless Monday, a non-profit national health campaign aimed "to help Americans prevent heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and cancer - four of the leading causes of death in America," who mentioned this blog on their site. Now that I know they exist, I'm certain my meatless menus will improve dramatically! Their site offers meatless recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as a meal planning library. They also link to other interesting sites such as the PB&J Campaign (another one I'd never heard of!). Check it out!

4 comments:

Knit Wit said...

I didn't know about Meatless Monday thanks for putting this link in your post. We might have to add this into our weekly menu as well.

Aynslee is defintly doing her part. She's eat pb&j at least once a day.

Kelli said...

I'm excited to have another source of recipes for our meatless meals! I am not so good at coming up with meatless menus since hubby is such a meat eater!

Red said...

I have a 14 year old daughter that is avegetarian. You think we have some meatless meals? Uh yeah.

We love them, and they are so much cheaper. My hubby and I just used a gift card to Olive Garden, and all we had was salad and soup. Cheap and very filling.

We can do that at home for sure. Yeah to mealtess Mondays!

Christian and Jennifer said...

Congrats on being famous! We, too, are trying to eat less meat and these websites and suggestions are perfect! Thanks for all of your hard work, you wild squirrel, you.