Sunday, June 1, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

I noticed a reduction in my grocery stops this past week, which I attribute to getting back on track with menu planning. Let's see if it will hold another week:

Meatless Monday: Whole wheat pancakes with blueberry syrup, sliced oranges

Tried and True Tuesday: Hamburgers with the works, baked (pinto) beans, cinnamon apples

Work less on Wednesday: Easy Chicken Enchiladas, Mexican rice

Thanksgiving Thursday (so named after my family's traditional post-Thanksgiving menu planning): Leftovers

First Time Friday: I want to try making these Pizza Pockets for the first time. I tried a different pocket recipe a few months back and it was AWFUL. Hopefully these will turn out better!

Simple Saturday: Fish, grits, applesauce

Slow Cooker Sunday: Slow Cooker Pork Chops, roasted carrots and potatoes, salad, rolls

For more menu plans, see the OrgJunkie!

2 comments:

Red said...

My daughter is a vegetarian, so we always have something on the table for her. And it keeps us on our toes, and yes, there are more than a few nights where we go meatless.

When my son and husband both work nights, it lets me and my daughter have it and expierment with new and unusual dishes.

And another thing we have learned is to 'Stick to the list' And it doesn't go on the list until we are 100% out. Oh it gets tought, but it has taught us to be frugal wiht our food, and not to waste one darn tootin' thing.

Love your menu planning. I have not been that adventerous, but who knows...one day.

Kelli said...

My hubby also works nights. When he's not home, we also get more adventurous (and it's when we go meatless). He's a meat-and-potatoes kind of guy!