Monday, June 2, 2008

Hair Eyes


You may be wondering...what are hair eyes? Allow me to explain. As I am driving my 3 yr old to the park this morning, the following conversation ensues:

Delta: "Do you have hair eyes?"

Me: "Hair eyes?"

Delta: "Yeah." (At this point I would normally correct her by asking her to say, "Yes, Ma'am"--it's a Southern thing--but I am curious about whether or not I have "hair eyes.")

Me: A pause....then an epiphany. "Do you mean eyes in the back of my head?"

Delta: "Yes."

Me: "Do you think I have hair eyes?"

Delta: A pause....then, "Yes."

So I guess I do. And if I ever write a book, it will be called Hair Eyes.

3 comments:

Red said...

Don't if you ever write a book, say 'when' you write a book. That is my main goal in life, is to write a childrens book. I have the premise in my head and even the title, but putitng pen to paper...now that is giving me grief.

I know, I ,know, just get off my hiney and get it done. But I think I am scared.

And the minute we give birth, we all give birth we have hair eyes.

Kelli said...

If vs. When....good point, Danette!

Ice Cream said...

Oooo, write it, woman!

That pick and the title made me think of Watership Down, which I just finished reading.

My son likes to tell people that I have a map in my head because I now how to get to everywhere (the zoo, library, and grocery store are apparently "everywhere"). =)