Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saving Money with CVS

In the last two months or so, I have been learning how to stretch my grocery dollars with CVS Extra Bucks and Walgreens rebates. On the surface, these programs (especially the CVS program) can seem overwhelming. However, there are several blogs that give tutorials about getting started and maximizing your savings with these programs. So far this month, I estimate I have saved $75-100 compared to what I spent on groceries last month at this same time (this also includes being more vigilant in combining coupons with sales). If you aren't already participating in these programs, you can read over tutorials here and here. And, these are just the tip of the iceberg. Google 'how to shop CVS' or something similar, and you will have many, many hits.

So, if you are ready to save some significant money on your groceries and personal care items, jump right in, read up on one of the above tutorials (or any other you may find), then check out blogs like Money Saving Mom, iheartcvs, and others who list the weekly deals--most of the homework from week-to-week has been done for you. Here are examples of the deals you can get this week (June 22-28) at CVS:

Money Saving Mom

Home Schooling and Frugal

The "Cent"sible Sawyer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One thing to note...in the last few days two of the major money-saving/couponing blogs I have been following have decided to call it quits. Reading their final posts was like deja vu, as I was just telling a friend the other day how time consuming it has been for me to keep up with my blog in addition to my personal blog and family obligations (and my posts here aren't even that involved!). So, just a heads up that I am not following any strict schedule for posting and may or may not post as frequently in the future.

Finally, I would like to give a shout out to Be Thrifty Like Us and The New Frugal Mom for opening my eyes to the money I can save through couponing and being an overall better steward in the grocery budget department. Thanks for all the great tips and best of luck!

No comments: