Sunday, June 22, 2008

Menu Plan Monday & Bachelor's Roast

We really enjoyed the First time Friday menu last week of Yummy Honey Chicken Kabobs with one major change--I used my crock pot instead of the grill. (I forgot to thaw out the chicken!) I just placed my frozen boneless chicken pieces in the crock, mixed up the marinade and poured it over the top, and cooked it on high for four hours. Like the title suggests, it was....yummy! It probably would have been even better if I hadn't forgotten to add the bell peppers. Here's our basic plan for this week:

Meatless Monday: Mac and cheese, fruit and veggie sticks

Tried and True
Tuesday: Spaghetti, salad, garlic bread

Work less on Wednesday: The Crockpot Lady's Broccoli and Three Cheese Soup, crusty bread

Thanksgiving
Thursday (named after traditional post-Thanksgiving menu planning): Leftovers

First time Friday: Quick and Easy Salmon Patties, potato wedges, salad (16 years of marriage and I just found out that hubby likes salmon patties!)

Simple Saturday: BLTs, fruit salad, chips

Slow Cooker
Sunday: Bachelor's Roast (recipe below), potatoes, carrots, rolls

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It doesn't get much easier than this:

Bachelor's Roast

3-4 lb roast (cheaper cuts are okay)
1 can of Coke (we use caffeine-free Coke Classic)
1 c ketchup

Place all of the ingredients in the crock and cook on low or medium all day (depending on how long you have before dinner). We usually add potatoes and carrots during the last couple of hours of cooking.

For more menus, see orgjunkie.com!

2 comments:

Knit Wit said...

I'll have to give that roast recipe a try. I love using the crock pot it makes things so much easier.

Ashley said...

I really like your daily themes. I've tried a theme here and there (nothing fun and alliterative) with soup night and breakfast supper night, but I'd wander from it. I might try something like yours, though.

Great list - and I can't wait to have me a good BLT with some homegrown tomatoes... :o)