Sunday, June 29, 2008

Menu Plan Monday & EatBetterAmerica.com

Although two of my four children ate it, I am sad to say that the Broccoli and Three Cheese Soup did not turn out as I had hoped. I made some substitutions (such as reconstituted powdered milk instead of 2%, fresh broccoli instead of frozen, and different cheeses), so I am not calling it a failure--just an experiment. As for the salmon patties, we had a change of plans Friday night, so I'll cycle them back through at some point. On to this week!

Meatless Monday: Dinner out to celebrate our Anniversary! The kids will eat noodles with marinara and Parmesan, garlic bread, salad

Tried and True Tuesday: Pan-grilled pork chops, stuffing, cinnamon raisin apples

Work less on Wednesday: Fish and grits

Thanksgiving Thursday (named after traditional post-Thanksgiving menu planning): Leftovers (or the Salmon Patties we missed last week)

July 4th First Time Friday: BBQ Riblets, corn, slaw, and our "first time" dish, "Healthified" Hot German Potato Salad (see below for an explanation of what makes this recipe "healthified")

Simple Saturday: Breakfast for dinner

Slow Cooker Sunday: Crockpot chicken and rice, salad, breadsticks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are still looking for some ideas, especially if you are trying to eat more healthy, you might check out EatBetterAmerica.com. A friend of mine really enjoyed the Bulgur and Orange Salad. It'll probably find it's way onto my menu plan soon! The site also has some "healthified" recipes that make traditional favorites more healthy without sacrificing flavor, such as the "Healthified" Spinach Dip with Artichokes or the "Healthified" Fettuccine Alfredo. You can even submit your favorites and they will attempt to healthify them!

3 comments:

Red said...

I have a incredible salmon pattie recipe. I got it form a Jewish woman I used to work with oh so many years ago.

I may even blog about it.

Kelli said...

Ooooooo....please do, Red! Hubby asked me tonight, "Weren't you going to make some salmon patties?!" He forget we picked up pizza instead.

Red said...

I just added my salmon patty recipe to my blog and I threw in a granola recipe. So enjoy!!