Monday, June 9, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Last week, I wanted to try some new pizza pockets. Unfortunately, due to old habits, I had the traditional pan pizza going in the oven before I remembered that I had planned to try something new. You'll see them again in this week's rotation so I can report back on my findings.

This week's menu is below. Check out orgjunkie.com every Monday for more meal planning ideas:

Meatless Monday: Baked potato bar

Tried and True Tuesday: Sausage and Rice Casserole (recipe at the end of this post), broccoli

Work less on Wednesday: Cold pasta salad, garlic bread sticks

Thanksgiving
Thursday (so named after my family's traditional post-Thanksgiving menu planning): Leftovers

First Time Friday: Pizza Pockets, cinnamon apples

Simple Saturday: Bratwursts with peppers and onions, oven fries, Easy Carrot Salad

Slow Cooker Sunday: Melt in Your Mouth Beef Brisket, rice, green salad [Note: The directions indicate that the beef is prepared on the stove top, but it's just as good in the slow cooker...dump everything in (saving the potatoes and carrots for the last couple of hours), set it to cook all day on med-high, and it will be perfect-o!]

Edited on 6/10/08: OOPS! I forgot to post my Sausage and Rice Casserole recipe for Tuesday. Here it goes:

Easy Sausage and Rice Casserole

1 lb sausage
1 c rice
1 can each of Cream of Mushroom and Cream of Chicken soup (undiluted)
2 cans water

Brown the sausage, drain, and add it to a 9X13 casserole dish/pan. Add the rice, condensed soup, and two cans of water. Give everything a little stir, cover with tinfoil, and pop into a preheated 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes or so. Yummy and easy!

6 comments:

Red said...

For your pizza, try going to your local grocery store and you can usually buy the dough in the refrigerator section in the bakery department. And also try local pizza parlor and ask if you can purcahse their dough.

Just make sure that it is at room temperature...big mistake if it is not(that was always my problem, I never let it get to room temp.)

And then you can make whatever style pizza you want. My daughter makes a Greek Escape(she named it). I will post our homemade dough, but if in a pinch store bught will be just fine.

Publix does sell the dough in their bakery department.

Kelli said...

Thanks for the tip, Red!

Mama Squirrel said...

Sounds good--I saw you linked on Menu Plan Monday and just had to come visit--from one Squirrel to another.

The Estrogen Files said...

Looks like a yummy week! I'm trolling for ideas...

Kelli said...

Thanks for stopping by, Mama! And, Estrogen, come back any time!

Christian and Jennifer said...

I had misplaced your sausage and rice casserole recipe . . . so I thought I remembered that your old blog address was on the side of my old blog. And here it is! It's only been about 10 years since you posted here. You should probably step it up a bit.