Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Easy Pineapple Salsa Chicken


A friend of mine is scheduled to be induced tomorrow morning, so I have been trying to decide what meal I'll be delivering in the next day or so. Each time we had a special delivery, a few of the ladies from church or extended family would bring something over. I SO appreciated this gesture. I think I'll make Easy Pineapple Salsa Chicken. It goes something like this:

4 chicken breasts (or whatever you have on hand)
1 can of black beans (no need to drain)
1 can of pineapple tidbits (Drain or don't drain...I'll leave it up to you. I will add that the pineapple juice makes some healthy and tasty popsicles for the kiddies!)
1 32oz jar of salsa

Directions: Put the ingredients in your crockpot and cook all day (about 8 hours) on low (or I guess you could do several hours on high).

You can wrap this stuff up in tortillas and serve with a side of Mexican rice, or just serve over plain rice.

1 comment:

My Ice Cream Diary said...

Ooo, this sounds tasty and easy.

And I'm smiling that we used the same pic (I used mine for the post about being ready for the baby).