Monday, September 15, 2008

Menu Plan Monday & Three Recipe Reviews

I have been remiss in publishing the results of our new recipes that we try during the week. I'll try to catch up, beginning with the French Toast Sticks we intended to have for breakfast a couple of weeks ago (we had them for dinner instead). Mmm, mmm good! My only gripe: I had to make another batch of the egg mixture for the amount of bread suggested. And, I think I'll slice the bread after I cook it next time. Seems like this would cut down on the prep time.

As for the Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing...it didn't turn out as I had hoped. The stuffing turned to mush in the bottom of the crockpot and never recovered. It tasted like salty stuffing soup. My husband was mortified. I ate it anyway, because I can't stand to waste food. The chicken, however, was quite tasty, as it was very moist and fork-tender. I was told on more than one occasion that it was reminiscent of chicken pot pie chicken. Is there a difference between chicken pot pie chicken and chicken and stuffing chicken? I guess some people think so.

Finally, the last review for this post is on the Greek Penne and Pasta dish. The kids didn't care for it....I thought it was okay. A friend of mine was simply delighted when I delivered the rejects to her home.

On to this week's menu...

Meatless Monday

Breakfast: Cereal

Dinner: Grilled Cheese, fries

Tried and True Tuesday:

Breakfast: Cheese Omelets with salsa

Dinner: Hamburger Stew

Work less on Wednesday:

Breakfast: Cinnamon Toast, mandarin oranges

Dinner: Cheese ravioli or pasta with butter and Parmesan, salad

Thanksgiving Thursday (named after traditional post-Thanksgiving menu planning):

Leftovers!

First Time Friday:

Breakfast: Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Honey Syrup

Dinner: Favorite White Chicken Chili (from last week--it got bumped)

Simple Saturday:

Breakfast: Cheese Grits, Bacon

Dinner: Tacos, refried beans (do-over from last week...again!)

Slow Cooker Sunday:

Breakfast:
Oatmeal

Dinner: BBQ riblets, green beans, slaw, garlic bread

For more menus, visit Orgjunkie.com!

No comments: