Sunday, August 3, 2008

Menu Plan Monday: Breakfast and Dinner Edition

We're counting down the days until the return to school, so I'm going to add a breakfast item to my menu beginning this week (we have gotten too attached to cold cereal and milk!). I'm easing myself into more hardy breakfasts so that I'm sending my kiddos off to school with a healthy start and full tummy come August 18th. Where I can, I'll make double or triple batches and freeze it so that there are leftovers for the first week or two of school when things start to get a little more busy around here.

As far as last week's menu, we had a few changes, but I was able to make the Rich and Creamy Tomato Basil Soup. It was delish with a dollop (or two, or three...) of sour cream. And, I let mine simmer quite a while since I like it to thicken up a bit. Mmm, mmm good! I highly recommend it if you like tomatoes. On with the menu so that I can cozy up with my newest book, Breaking Dawn (can't wait to read it...the reviews on Amazon have been very mixed!).

Meatless Monday

Breakfast: Vegan Blueberry Muffins (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these!)

Dinner: Ravioli, salad, crusty bread

Tried and True Tuesday:

Breakfast: Cereal

Dinner: Sausage and Rice Casserole (scroll down for the recipe once you click the link)

Work less on Wednesday:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with dried fruit

Dinner: Mac and Cheese, peas, sliced fruit

Thanksgiving Thursday (named after traditional post-Thanksgiving menu planning):

Leftovers!

First Time Friday:

Breakfast: Peanut Butter Blender Bread with jam

Dinner: Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing

Simple Saturday:

Breakfast: Grits (It's a southern thing!) and eggs

Dinner: Hamburgers, fries, green beans, fruit salad

Slow Cooker Sunday:

Breakfast:
Cereal

Dinner: BBQ Riblets, corn, baked beans, garlic bread

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit Orgjunkie.com for more menu plans!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Yum, great menu. I usually have my slow cooking days on thursdays to go with my weekly feature called Slow Cooking Thursdays where everyone comes in and shares recipes for the crockpot :)


My Menu Plan

Knit Wit said...

Since Josh is home during the day I have thought about adding a lunch to our menu but doing the dinner ones is enough for me.