Saturday, May 3, 2008

From Lurker to Launcher

I've been lurking for years, contemplating whether or not I should start a private blog to chronicle my daily life with my husband and four girls (known here as Alpha, Beta, Charlie, and Delta). I wrestled with launching a public blog (i.e., what to name it and write about), but as a freelance resume writer who enjoys non-technical writing, researching work-from-home opportunities, and talking to others who are raising larger-than-average (as compared to today's standards) families on a budget, it seemed like a good hobby to nurture.

According to blogging expert Darren Rowse and his post about How to Start a Blog (especially one that could possibly turn a profit at some point in the future), I need a niche (among other considerations)...a very specific niche. So, the purpose of this blog is to reach an audience of frugal 34 year old females who have quit their fabulous human resources jobs to pursue very part-time self employment in order to devote more time to their families. Yep...I'm speaking to YOU! Or not. BUT, I will share what I have learned over the years about parenting, frugal living, cooking from scratch, and legitimate work-from-home opportunities, just to name a few!

No comments: